Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Dunwoody March Madness Returns

Things are truly changing here in Dunwoody.  The madness never stops.  In honor of the greatness of the people and things in Dunwoody (and DeKalb), we are bringing back our blog tournament.

Look for the 2017 bracket later this week.

Here is a link to the 2014 tournament:
http://dunwoodytalk.blogspot.com/2014/03/march-city-manager-madness-dunwoody-2014.html

2014 Final Four preview post:
http://dunwoodytalk.blogspot.com/2014/04/final-four-march-city-manager-madness.html

 The 2014 Final Four saw local greats Sustainable Pattie, Captain Kingsley, Norb, and Gary Ray display their talents.  In the end, it Captain Kingsley winning.  (see HERE).

Here's a bit of the 2014 blog post after Captain won:

In the spirit of hard-working Dunwoody folk, Captain Kingsley has captured the crown of Dunwoody City Manager.  Captain Kingsley replaces Warren officially on April 26.  "I'm honored to become the city's 2nd ever City Manager.  I look forward to leading our city in a safe and healthy direction.  Annual pay raises and a car allowance are also nice perks not currently enjoyed by yours truly," said a tearful Captain Kingsley.  "My first order of business will be backyard poultry, followed by Walk to Council Meeting Mondays."

Warren, packing his bags for Johns Creek added, "Captain Kingsley's background in fitness, reading, and producing fancy multi-media productions suit him well for the position and I'll leave a stapler and hole-punch on my desk for him."

"Disappointed?  Hell no.  I made it to the championship game.  Weaker men folded much earlier in this contest.  Captain Kingsley is an okay dude and will steer this ship in the right direction," said GaryRayBetz.  "I missed Wrestlemania 30 over this, but I'll get over that, I hope."

"This is a guy I think we can work with.  Although his roots are questionable, he's not an idiot.  I've reached out to him already and we are meeting at Hickory House to discuss the SaveDunwoodyPac8 agenda," said Norb.

Team Wingate chimed in from the arena's box seats, "The mask is a little disturbing, but those tight leggings are kinda hot."

"I'll hold judgement until I know if this Captain is working from home or not.  The code clearly states a SLUP is needed for all mask-wearing super heroes," commented SDOC.

The usual crowd gathered early at the BP gas station to discuss this event.  "He drops in here once in a while.  He usually gets $15 unleaded gas, a Diet Pepsi, some beef jerky, and a pack of Marlboro Reds, hard box.  The guy is animate on the hard box, says the soft pack crushes in those pants of his," commented an unknown BP Posse member.  

"I have invited him to the Meng House.  He better show up as we have lots to discuss," stated MengHouseTony.

Mayor Davis said he is anxious to meet with Captain Kingsley.  "My staff has been instructed to let him in the door so we can discuss all options.  Although we appointed Chief Grogan as interim city manager, there may be some wiggle room there.  Our legal staff is on it."

In celebration of the victory, the Kingsley PTA has renamed the school library's Dewey Decimal system as the Captain Kingsley Decimal System and the Kingsley Swim and Tennis has dedicated its first home swim meet in Captain's honor. 







2 comments:

SDOC Publishing Internet Solutions said...

My life would lack meaning without a mention in one of Rick's stories. ;-)

GaryRayBetz said...

I don't recall being that eloquent or going that far in the 2014 tournament, but perhaps I was and did three years ago. Damn, both body and mind are going on me. As an older German woman who stood next to me while working at our punch press machines at the Jay Berwanger gasket factory in Chicago during the 70's once sighingly exclaimed: "Ah, wir werden älter und älter und was können wir tun?" (Translated - "Ah, we get older and older and what can we do?")

Funny thing was that Jay Berwanger used his Heisman Trophy as a doorstop for his office door in his prototype factory. That's how little regard he had for his past athletic accomplishments. So I, like ol' Jay, will embrace a stoic existential attitude to my 2014 glories, if you say I did those things, Rick, then so be it, I must have - but it has no meaning for me now, as I lost the illusion of immortality years ago.