Monday, May 21, 2012

Dunwoody Resident Fran Millar to Seek Re-Election

Dear Fellow Citizens,

It has been my distinct honor to represent the people of Senate District 40 and I plan to seek re-election.

I presently serve on the Education (Chairman); Retirement (Vice-Chairman); Economic Development; Health and Human Services; Government Oversight; and MARTOC committees.

Significant accomplishments the last two years include co-chairing the Education Finance Commission. This past year we passed five pieces of legislation to improve how we fund K-12 public education.

I also authored the legislation to repay the federal government the money we borrowed to pay state unemployment benefits and it will also restore solvency to the unemployment trust fund. In fact, the Georgia Chamber of Commerce made me its May/June Business Champion for my work in this area.

I drew the original map that expanded the 6th Congressional District (Congressman Tom Price) further into DeKalb County.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to serve your interests. Please feel free to contact me with your comments and/or questions.

                                                Best regards,


                                                Fran Millar
                                                (770) 490-0213
                                                SenatorFranMillar@gmail.com

No comments: